Carol’s Crafty Corner

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

I have heard from both my children this Mother's Day, and I am so thankful for that. I have been scrapping again today. This layout, like previous layouts this weekend, comprises more than one challenge. I have incorporated 3 of Michelle's challenges from Fisk-a-teers; Distressed, 3 kinds of patterned paper, and a creative quote. I love this background paper. I bought it at the scrapbook outlet while we were in Pigeon Forge for the JS retreat. That store had way too many beautiful types of paper. I used my edge distresser on the background and on the photo mat. The patterned papers are the background, the photo mat, and the photo corner & flower. The creative quote is from one of Clint Eastwood's movies (Dirty Harry, I think and if I'm wrong please let me know.); Go ahead and "Make My Day!" That quote suits the picture and my grandson to a "T!" As a matter of fact, he lives each day to the fullest and truly make the most out of every day. I also included the bingo card with the title "live" on it because of Carter's demeanor.
Also, I used one of Aymee's sketches for guidance in putting this layout together. I know I am prejudice, but she is a fabulous scrapbooking sketch artist.



A close-up of the title and corner made with the Storybook cartridge.



A close-up of the bingo card and the flower. I cut the flower using the Tags, Bags, Boxes, & More cartridge.

TFL and Have a Happy Mother's Day!

1 comments:

michele said...

absolutely love this LO. BTW, did you make the flower? so well thought out and just digging the flourish corner...did you mention what cart you used for this?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...