Carol’s Crafty Corner

Saturday, May 9, 2009

De - Stressing?

That's right! Scrapping is a great way to relieve the body of stress. So, while putting my memories onto paper, I have been destressing. I have only completed one layout all day, but I am a slow scrapper. Actually, I have finished our laundry and the remainder of my weekly house cleaning chores too. That also makes me happy because I feel as though I have accomplished something.

This layout is helping me to complete several challenges. I am always excited when I can do that.

1. Aymee's Sketch Challenge at JS was to scrap about motherhood. She also asked that we use lace or ribbon somewhere on the lo. I chose to scrap about being a grandmother and how it has totally changed my life. For the better, I might add. The picture in the lo is of Carter crawling and beginning to explore his environment. On this particular day, he pulled the television cord from behind the entertainment center and was about to put it into his mouth when his mother "corrected" him. As you can see, it broke his heart. It broke Momaw's heart too because he had such a pitiful face, but it had to be done to make him aware that some things are just not permitted. I used Sassafras paper on this layout along with a fabric background. I hand cut the shaped paper because I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for on any of my Cricut cartridges. I did however use the Cricut to cut the shaped paper for the journaling (Storybook) and for my title (Plantin Schoolbook).

2. This layout also allowed me to complete 2 challenges on TS. Shirley's Color Me Blue Challenge instructed us to use blue somewhere on the layout. As you can tell, I based my entire layout on the color blue. Cherrie's Challenge was to use a Nursery Rhyme as the title of the layout. My title, Little Boy Blue, goes perfectly with the pic.

3. One of Michelle's challenges on Fisk-a-teers was to use fabric as the base of a layout. That pale blue fabric with the little hearts fits perfectly with all the other elements of this project.




Here is a closeup of the pitiful face and the journaling.



Thanks for visiting my blog, and please check in a little later to view additional results of my destressing today.

2 comments:

michele said...

super wow Carol...and completing so many challenges on one LO. I am loving the trim, the photo, the title, all the blue...actually, I am loving the whole darn thing. WTG, GF!

Bamabel said...

Fabulous LO Mom! I love it! And way to go completing so many challenges in one!

I love ya!
Aymee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...