Carol’s Crafty Corner

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Various Easter Projects

Hello Everyone!  I haven't posted this week due to the devastating tornadoes in our area.  It has been a difficult week for all of us.  We have lost several friends, and have friends who have lost everything they own.  Ron and I worked helping friends clean up and salvage pieces of their lives yesterday afternoon.  I have always heard about utter destruction and seen pictures of tornado ravaged areas, but what we experienced was worse than anything I could've imagined.  I feel so much saddness for our friends and neighbors in Hackleburg and Phil Campbell, and the Mt. Hope community isn't very far from us as well.  Remember to pray for the victims and their families, and if you ever have a chance to help in situations like this, please put your skills to use and donate when you can.

What a difference one week makes.  This week we are experiencing this tragedy, and last week (Easter weekend) we were with our precious grandson in Chattanooga having a great time. 

The week of Easter, I worked on several projects.  Some I made to give to my students and co-workers and other items were made for friends to give as gifts.  I got some of the ideas from Beth-a-palooza's blog (she has an awesome blog with fabulous altered items) and others from craft fairs. 


This snapshot shows a few of the items I made in one evening.  Bunny Jars are on the back row, Donut Bunnies, are in the middle, and the rabbits on the front row are popcorn packets. 


These plastic egg "people" are filled with neat little "goodies!"
My buddy teacher and I made these for our students.


This idea came from "creative hayes creations" blog.  I added a small message on the tag with the following message:  It's Easter! if you needed an "EGGcuse" for chocolate!  Inside the wrapper is a Hershey chocolate bar. 


A close-up of the Hershey Bar Wrapper!

I am hoping to get to work on some altered projects this weekend in honor of 
Teacher Appreciation Week for Carter to give to his teacher. 

I hope you have a beautiful weekend.

Happy Scrappin'     Carol :)

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...