Carol’s Crafty Corner

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Bunny Bubble Gum Machine

I made this cute little bunny a in January and submitted it to Scrap Street, an online magazine, and it was selected for publication in the April issue  If you have never viewed this ezine, you should head on over there for some great articles and super crafty ideas!  Here is the link: http://scrapstreet.com/ss11/4apap/bunny2.htm   

I bought the flower pots and saucers from Wal-Mart and the bowl at Dollar Tree.  I painted the pots,  saucers, and knob with two coats of acrylic paint (which I mixed myself to get the desired color).  Then, I used Modge Podge as a sealer.  When all those pieces were dry, I put them together in a bubble gum machine manner using E6000 glue.  Then, I made the adorable little chicken/egg using my Cricut, SCAL, and an svg from treasureboxdesigns.  They have the cutest files!  To finish up the look I was going for, I added vinyl ovals in various colors cut from the Plantin Schoolbook cart to the bowl.  This was a fun and easy project.  I would definitely like to do this again.  As a matter of fact, Carter thinks he needs one!  Lol


Thanks so much for dropping by.  Please stop by again soon.  Happy Scrappin'

Carol


1 comments:

Kate said...

That is SO clever!! What a wonderful way to store your treats. I thought you'd just decorated a machine until I read the instructions. Well done!! The little chick is adorable!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at FCCB this week!
(There seems to be an issue with your comment form. I had to hit the tab key a number of times before the "Post Comment" option was in view.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...