Carol’s Crafty Corner

Friday, April 15, 2011

No Idle Hands For Me

I haven't  posted in quite a while, but I have still been crafting.  During the school year, I don't have a lot of free time, so creating blog posts are few and far between.  Here is what I worked on today:

Easter Pencil Boxes for Carter's Kindergarten Class

I totally scraplifted this idea from Linda at http://www.stampwithlindawalsh.com/10/category/pencil%20case/1.html.  This link will take you directly to the pencil case tutorial.  This talented lady has some awesome projects, and really neat videos demonstrating various techniques and altered projects. 

I made 25 of these adorable treats.  Carter only needs 16 for his class, so I am going to give the extras to some of the ladies at my school.  They really love the "goodies" the gift fairy leaves them.  Lol

I placed them in this basket; however, I am hoping to go to Dollar Tree or Dollar General to purchase a colorful plastic bin ( I can decorate the outside of that container with my vinyl to make it look more "Eastery"!) to put them in before he takes them to school.


A little closer view of a few boxes.


This project allowed me to use some of my scrap paper stash and stamps which I haven't used.  The pencils and erasers (the little chicks on top of the lables) were purchased from Dollar Tree.  I love that store!!!  The scalloped ovals were cut using my Cricut machine and the Storybook cart. 


Thanks so much for dropping by.  Please check back very soon for more of my altered projects.  I have several items to share with you.  Happy Scrappin'!

Carol:)
 

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...