Carol’s Crafty Corner

Monday, December 28, 2009

An Altered Project

This picture was made as a request from my friend, Kathy. Kathy and I have been very close friends since we were both in the fourth grade. That was a long time ago BTW. I made two pictures with this same theme for a co-worker (and her mom) who gave us fabulous tickets to a UNA football game recently. They wouldn't let us pay for the tickets, so we decided to make something for them. Well, let me tell you, it was a huge success! They both loved it. Kathy also fell in love with the idea when she saw them, so I created one for her new home. I purchased that gorgeous frame from Hobby Lobby along with the paper. Then I used the Lyrical Letters cart to cut the "N" and the Plantin Schoolbook cart for her last name "Nichols". I know she will really appreciate and treasure this gift.

Here is a close-up of the name.



Here is a close-up of the entire pic.



Thanks for stopping by. I am off to work on a new book. Yea! I love making those things!

Have a great day,

Carol:)

2 comments:

Karen Brooks said...

Merry belated Christmas to you!!! This is just too cute!! What an amazing housewarming gift!! I might just have to lift this from you if anyone I know gets married or buy a new home any time soon! Hugs to you guys and Happy New Year!!

Brenda said...

What a nice gift! Beautiful job!
hugs
Brenda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...